Friday, May 2, 2014

Mini VSN - Summer Vacation!



It's Virtual Stamp Night at Splitcoaststampers tonight so I joined in the fun.  The first challenge is brought to us by TJoy (Tricia) and it has us thinking about melting!  Ice cream melts FAST on a hot day so I pulled out my MFT "Here's the Scoop" set.

I had a blast playing with my TH Distress markers and water.

On my craft mat I scribbled a bit of marker, then added a tiny dab of glass beads medium.  Doesn't it make the strawberry topping look yummy!!!

I kept the inside short and sweet, ha, pun intended!  I scribbled a bit of marker and then spritzed water on the ink to get a fun Dusty Concord puddle.

The card design was inspired by Mod Squad Challenge to create a One Layer Wonder.





Our second challenge is brought to us by Scraperwannabe (Misti) and it's all about water!


Again, I had some fun with water color! 

 I stenciled the bg with a Prima stencil and TH Broken China Distress ink then spritzed with water.  I used Inktense pencils and water  for the frog and his pond.

For this card I used a Penny Black stamp set "toadily"

Thanks so much for looking and if you love challenges I hope you will play along with VSN (deadline for posting is 10 P. M. EST ON Saturday, May 10th) and Mod Squad Challenge (deadline for posting is Monday May 5th)

TFL and Happy Crafting!

I am adding the yummy Ice Cream card to the Simon Says Challenge - Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. I love your cards! The ice cream one is watercolored wonderfully and the gel looks good enough to eat, and the one for Misti's challenge just makes me smile. That toad is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards! I really like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are well done. The ice cream card is CAS all of the way and I like the glass beads. Nice touch. The frog card is nice too.

    Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards - sun shine here makes you think it is ice cream or dipping weather but there is a chill in the air - best to be inside crafting and enjoying looking at the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH so awesome! Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ice cream card and would be great for hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, that ice cream card is super yummy!!! Love both the CAS outside and inside!! ...and boy the strawberry topping DOES look good!!! Lovely!!
    Love your froggie card as well!!! So well done with all the water!! Great card!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are fabulous, the toad card is so cute but I do love the ice cream CAS card its brilliant..

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...