Saturday, July 14, 2012

Speedy Fox & Friends - Masculine Birthday

If it's Saturday it must be Speedy Fox & Friends challenge time!  Our challenge this week is to make a masculine birthday card.  You can join us HERE to enter your masculine birthday card.   I loved making this card.   I  masked off part of the Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co.: Island Life,  using  only the boat and the land part of the stamp.   I stamped the sailboat a 2nd time and cut it out so that I could pop it up for some dimension.  The mast extended past my die cut so I cut the tip out and glued it behind the framelits die.  If you look closely you can see the sail was popped up too!

I forgot to take a photo of the inside before I wrote in it.  On the inside I stamped the entire sailboat stamp and added the sentiment stamp: HE ALONE STRETCHES OUT THE HEAVENS AND TREADS ON THE WAVES OF THE SEA. - Job 9:8

                                     Stamp set used to make this card:
Island Life

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors & I love how you have framed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way that you modified the stamp to show the boat sailing in the water rather that at the dock. Coloring is outstanding and great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela--this is fabulous!!! I love how you added all the dimension by stamping the boat a 2nd time! Great job. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful scene and coloring - so peaceful and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your coloring is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, your card is gorgeous. I love how you framed that. I will try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is just fantastic! I love all nautical themed cards, and yours is so serene and peaceful! NJ!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Hello, this week at the Free 4 All Challenge we are adding Five Dots!   These can be enamel dots, sequins, hand-drawn, stamped, gems, pearls...